Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Are Students curse on Pakistan

This post is about my personal experience and view but opinions may vary.

As the founder of Pakistan Quaid-E-Azam said "The prosperity and advancement of a nation depends upon the young generation". I will enlighten some essentials about the whole new generation of Pakistan particularly students.

The new generation has played a significant role in the independence of Pakistan but I regret to say that since I am born I have never seen any praiseworthy role of the new generation. We all are dispersed and scattered alike. I am writing about the majority among us. We don't even know what our responsibilities are being inhabitants of Pakistan. Some people say that it's the fault of Government and leadership. We all point our fingers on each other and don’t carry out our duties faithfully. To my mind everybody has a responsibility to fulfill whether a student, a leader or a citizen.

As far as I am concerned the students are the backbone of a nation. The core purpose of education is to evolve the character of an ordinary person and make him/her a decent and civilized human. Indeed educational system in Pakistan is miserable. Subsequently, students are going towards wrong direction. Some of us take education to learn new things and skills and some obtain it for a healthy career. Both desires sound suitable to me. But now there is another group has risen among us and that is "Student Mafia". The sole purpose of education near to me is to struggle against the social evils and to exile those using educational skills and knowledge. However (majority of) current students have become a tool for the sinners and corrupt leaders. Most of the students have become professional criminals. They feel very proud on becoming a hooligan and thug.

In addition they fight with each other in groups and frequently beat the poor and weak peoples on the roads. Many bus drivers and conductors have become their prey just because of asking fares to travel in local transport. They don't even respect the old people similar to their fathers and beat them awfully. I also used to be a student but never even slap any body in my whole student life. Many of them are drug addicted. Majority in elite class students take drugs for mental pleasure and some of them are there to fulfill their sexual desires. The worst thing is that few females are also carrying out the same deeds like males.

In the end, I would say that if we want to change our fates then we have to change our attitudes first. We all should be penitent on our sins and mold our behaviors in a pleasant shape. Therefore, the students have to be very enthusiastic and enduring. They ought to strive for the betterment of Pakistan rather than becoming gangsters. The conclusion is that students must be a role model for others rather than becoming bode of curse for Pakistan.

I know that all of you are quite nervous and might be furious as I am just writing about the negative points. But in my next post I would post some steps for students to undertake for their betterment and country’s development alike. So don’t miss it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it's really a big issue of any nations in this world.I agree with u about that young generation is the backbone of a nation...i'm awaiting what's next!Thanks!

Chris said...

I’d tend to disagree, as the problem you are talking about exists mostly in the students of some particular institutes (e.g. MAO College in Lahore, etc). You can’t label all students as “curse” just because of those people. I think that’s a little too harsh.

Anonymous said...

i agree with you that Pakistani students need to focus on political issues rather than fighting with each other.